At Dermalure, our goal is to provide the highest level of skin care in order to rejuvenate a person’s natural skin glow. One such way to help accomplish this is by using a shave oil before and after shaving. We understand that there are many people out there who shave without using any shave oils, so we want to give you a few reasons as to why you should consider using shave oils if you haven’t already.
The Benefits of Using Pre-Shave Oil
A pre-shave oil is designed to be applied as extra protection underneath a lather of foam before you shave. Using a pre-shave oil allows for a number of benefits. Just a sample of these advantages include the following:
- Pre-shave oil provides an extra coating over the skin in order to protect it from the blade.
- Pre-shave oil will soften your facial hair to allow the blade to glide more smoothly over your skin.
- It will moisturize your skin and protect it from irritations or razor burn.
- It provides a boost of hydration for your skin which is extra beneficial if you happen to have dry or flaky skin.
Applying a Pre-Shave Oil
To effectively apply a pre-shave oil, you’ll want to follow these steps.
- Start your shaving session by heating up the skin on your face. You can do this by wrapping your face in a towel dipped in warm water for a few minutes or you can just begin your shave after having taken a shower. The heat will cause your pores to open and your hairs to soften.
- Next, apply just a few drops of pre-shave oil to your hand and rub it together in your hands. There’s no need for any excessive amounts of oil.
- Massage the oil into the skin you plan to shave, creating just a thin film of oil on your face.
- You can then begin to lather up over the pre-shave oil and start your shave.
The Benefits of Using Aftershave
Aftershave is a product used after shaving that’s meant to cool the skin and prevent razor burn. Applying aftershave is simple; all you have to do is pour a very small amount of aftershave into your hand when you’re done shaving, rub it together in your hands, and then spread it evenly across the parts of your face that you just shaved. Aftershave helps in a multitude of ways, some of these including:
- Aftershave will clear your pores of any bacteria, whether it was on the razor blade, the shaving cream, or elsewhere.
- It will close and seal up your pores to keep any additional bacteria or dirt from getting inside them.
- Aftershave can stop bleeding from cuts and help heal your facial skin faster.
- It will also prevent infections of cuts.
- It provides a cool and refreshing feeling when you’re done shaving.
Contact Your Skin Care Specialists Today!
If you have any questions or comments about skin care, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Dermalure is committed to customer service and glad to help you with any of your concerns. We look forward to helping your skin reach its natural glow!